Monday 9 July 2018

What is inside your work bag?

Good question for today's challenge and mine will be pretty different from a ward based nurse. As a community nurse I carry all of my kit in my car and have two bags that I take into people's homes with me, one is a large rucksack which contains just about everything that I need and the other is my document bag which I carry everywhere with me.
Here is a quick snap of what is in my document bag on a normal day:
It includes my diary - this is like a bible for community staff and helps to organise visits, mileage and to do lists.
It also includes some emergency supplies including extra gloves, apron, syringes and needles, swabs, tapes, batteries and scissors. I always carry my hypo-stop bag which contains testing equipment and sugar products to help my patients with diabetes if needed.
The front pouch of my bag has a few of my own emergency supplies including my rescue inhaler, a cereal bar and a few sweets, my sunray card for accessing the PC and handcream and also a small notebook that contains important codes,  phone numbers and I can write things down if needed.

Over and above this I carry a boot full of equipment, my lunch bag and a few bottles of juice or water and in my pockets I have hand gel, pens, extra gloves, my keys for the office and my work phone which keeps me in touch with my work mates when I am out on visits.

Look forward to seeing everyone else's bags!
Lynsay x

No comments:

Post a Comment