Wednesday 11 July 2018

What do you eat on your break?

I am lucky in that I work a fairly short shift in comparison to the wards, I start at 8 and finish at 4:30 and have a 45-50 minute journey to and from work each way, I tend to eat breakfast on the way to work in the car so it is normally a breakfast biscuit or a few oatcakes and I have a coffee or some fruit juice at handover at 9am back at the office after my early visits are done.
After that we are back out to do visits and I usually carry a bottle of water and a bottle of diluting juice in the car, no dehydration for me!
As a rule we all try and get back to the office by 1pm and have lunch together, this ensures that we are actually taking our break and can sort out afternoon work, lunch for me varies day to day but I am partial to cous cous and tuna or soup and some raspberries for after.
We usually reconvene back at the office again around 3:30pm before going out on our late visits and often have a coffee and a biscuit or sweet from our donated sweetie drawer.
We are lucky as our GP practice has access to a fridge, microwave and hot water boiler and water cooler so we have facilities to make lunch if we need to, not everyone is as lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment