Friday 13 July 2018

Favourite placement? Can I not choose them all!

Today's Nurse bloggers challenge asks about my favourite placement and I can honestly say that I don't know. I had such a large variety of areas that they are hard to compare.
In first year I done orthopaedic trauma, a care home and district nursing in the city. In second year I done Day Surgery and a Medicine of the Elderly placement.
Then in third year I had a district nursing placement within a very rural community which was the polar opposite of my first year one and then I done my sign off in A&E.
I enjoyed each placement for different things, orthopedics was fantastic for learning basic care, day surgery was great for recovering patients, the care home gave me some insight into out of hospital work, Medicine of the Elderly was great for seeing continued care and for seeing patients with multifactorial conditions, A&E was a bit of an eye opener for me but gave me so much experience especially in recognition of deteriorating patients and community I fell in love with! All of my placements had great staff who were knowledgeable and always tried to help if I had questions so I think I was really lucky and couldn't possibly pick a favourite!

Lynsay x

No comments:

Post a Comment